Hazelnuts are one of the most beneficial nuts, possessing numerous health benefits for humans. This small nut is not only a delicious treat but also a valuable source of nutrients.
Benefits of Hazelnuts:
1. Rich in nutrients: Hazelnuts are a treasure trove of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They contain vitamins from the B group (including B1, B6, and folate), vitamins E and C, as well as minerals such as magnesium, copper, potassium, and zinc. These nutrients play a crucial role in metabolism, maintaining a healthy nervous system, strengthening the immune system, and combating free radicals.
2. Heart health support: Hazelnuts contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as oleic acid and linoleic acid, which are considered beneficial for the cardiovascular system. They help lower “bad” cholesterol levels, prevent blood clot formation, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
3. Reducing the risk of cancer: Hazelnuts contain antioxidants, such as polyphenols and vitamin E, which help fight against free radicals and prevent DNA damage in cells. This may help lower the risk of developing various types of cancer.
4. Improving vision: Hazelnuts contain vitamin E and lutein, which are important nutrients for eye health. They help protect the eyes from the damage caused by free radicals and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
5. Weight management: Hazelnuts make an excellent snack for people watching their weight or following a diet. They are rich in protein and fiber, which help create a feeling of fullness and control appetite. Additionally, hazelnuts contain healthy fats that help stabilize blood glucose levels and support normal metabolism.
6. Brain function improvement: Hazelnuts are a rich source of lecithin and two essential omega-3 fatty acids—alpha-linolenic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). They play an important role in brain development and function, improving memory and concentration, and reducing the risk of age-related cognitive dysfunction and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
How many hazelnuts can be eaten in a day?
Hazelnuts are nuts that many people love for their taste and beneficial properties. However, like with many other foods, it is important to exercise moderation and not consume it in excess. Since hazelnuts are a common food allergen and can cause reactions in some people, it is important to be cautious when consuming them.
There is no strict recommendation regarding the amount of hazelnuts that can be consumed in a day. However, many experts agree that moderate consumption of hazelnuts can have positive effects on health.
Generally, it is recommended to consume around 30 grams (about 23 hazelnuts) of hazelnuts per day. This amount can be sufficient to obtain valuable nutrients and beneficial effects of hazelnuts while avoiding excessive consumption, which can lead to increased calorie and fat intake.
What does hazelnut treat?
Hazelnuts are known for their healing properties and have been used in traditional medicine to treat various conditions. Here are some of them:
1. Heart health: Hazelnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid and linoleic acid. This helps lower the level of “bad” cholesterol and support heart health.
2. Cell protection: Hazelnuts contain antioxidants such as vitamin E and polyphenols. They protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, which can contribute to the development of various diseases.
3. Improved digestion: Hazelnuts are high in dietary fiber, which promotes digestion normalization and helps prevent constipation.
4. Skin health: Vitamin E in hazelnuts has antioxidant properties and can help improve skin health by keeping it moisturized and protected from damage.
5. Improved brain function: Hazelnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that can contribute to memory improvement, concentration, and overall brain function.
What are the benefits of hazelnuts for women?
Hazelnuts have several beneficial properties that are particularly beneficial for women:
1. Bone health: Hazelnuts are rich in calcium and magnesium, which are important minerals for maintaining bone health. Regular consumption of hazelnuts may help reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis in women.
2. Hormonal balance regulation: Hazelnuts contain phytoestrogens, which are similar to the female hormone estrogen. They can help regulate hormonal balance in women, especially during menopause when estrogen levels decline.
3. Improved skin health: Vitamin E found in hazelnuts helps maintain skin health by improving moisture and protecting it from damage.
4. Maintaining health during pregnancy: Hazelnuts contain folic acid, which is an important nutrient for preventing neural tube defects in newborns. Therefore, hazelnuts are recommended for consumption by pregnant women.
How does hazelnut affect the body?
Hazelnuts have several beneficial effects on the body:
1. Heart health improvement: Hazelnuts contain polyunsaturated fatty acids that help reduce “bad” cholesterol levels and maintain normal blood pressure, which contributes to improved heart health.
2. Support for healthy metabolism: Hazelnuts contain proteins, B-group vitamins, and magnesium, which help maintain a healthy metabolism necessary for proper body functioning.
3. Strengthening the immune system: Hazelnuts are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin E, which help strengthen the immune system and protect cells from damage by free radicals.
4. Maintenance of a healthy nervous system: Hazelnuts contain vitamin B6 and magnesium, which play an important role in nervous system function and help reduce stress levels and improve mood.
5. Improved digestion: Hazelnuts are high in dietary fiber, which helps normalize digestion and prevent constipation.